Last month I did a blog on reviews and why reviews are important, here!
One of the points I was trying to make is that most bloggers that you will set up your blog tour with requires you to have at least ten reviews.
Now that you have those ten, it's time to set up your blog tour.
As you know, I'm a big believer in word of mouth and that is why I started my STREET TEAM. I love having new readers join my street team, and I have done that by going on blog tours and reaching more and more readers.
I'm not saying blog tours are easy or hard, they are very time consuming. Some authors have blog tours that last for a month or two. Neither is right or wrong. It depends on what the blogger's availability is and sometimes you might be able to recycle a blog post that you wrote for another blogger.
Recycling isn't tacky. It's smart. You can alter a few sentences or add some new points by catering it to the blogger's target audience.
Keeping all of this in mind, I have a few tips that will help you reach your maximum readership with a blog tour.
1) Pick the dates you would like to go on a blog tour.
2) Find a list of blogs that you would like to inquire about being a guest. Be sure to professionally send them a letter, include a press kit along with the dates that you are available.
3) After you get a list of blogs, be sure to promote every single stop you are at! Get your street team to promote the stop too!!!
4) If you are going to recycle a couple different posts, change them up! Add some more jokes, new pictures, different contest...be different than the rest!!
5) Comment back to every single person who comments on your tour! You have to be present and genuine.
6) Think outside the box. Do a skype interview with the blog host or video chat. You can even voice record the interview or your guest blog. Dare to be DIFFERENT!
7) Have fun! Remember, you want the blog audience to like you. There is nothing more fun than connecting with a reader on a personal level.
I'm in the process of organizing a new blog tour with many new tips that aren't listed here. I won't list them until I try them. I'll let you know how they work out!
Now....GO OUT THERE AND FIND NEW READERS!
Do you have any blog tour tips to add?