Pages

Reader Monday on Why Leave a Review!


Happy Monday! That means that it's READER MONDAY!! I'm excited to introduce a very cool reader, Jean Segal, to the mix! I met Jean on line. She is an amazing reader and reads a lot. 

As an Indie author, I take every single necessary step to make sure that my novels are just like traditional author's novels, from hiring a top-notch editor to amazing cover artists. BUT the one thing I do and suggest to a lot of Indie authors is to put a link in the back of the book that will immediately take the reader to a page where they can leave a review.

Reviews are so important to authors, especially Indies. Good or bad, I always BEG my readers to leave a review. I'm excited to know that Jean has taken advantage of this option! 
All my life I read books and never even gave it a second thought to write a review until I got my Kindle. 

At the end of each book it would ask me to review the book. At first I would disregard the request and went on to read the next book. Each time I went on Amazon looking for free and inexpensive books to load on my Kindle I would read the reviews to see what other people thought of the book before purchasing it. It wasn't until after reviewing one on Tonya's books that it clicked.

Since then and after joining Tonya's Street Team I've learned a lot. One thing I've learned is that authors want honest reviews. They want our honest opinion of their books. Now when I read a review that peaks my curiosity about a book and helps me decide to buy it on Amazon I let them know.  When I get done reading a book I try to review as soon as possible while it's fresh in my mind. I try not to start the next book until I've written my review.

Since joining Tonya's Street Team I've gotten to know lots of new authors and enjoyed many of their books My "to be read" list just keeps growing.

I am currently reading Angel in Flight by Gerry McCullough. I won this book on Tonya's blog in December. It's a great book so far. When I finish reading it I will be sure to write a review.

What about you? Do you use the clickable link and leave a review after you finish a book?

4 comments:

  1. In most cases, I write up a little something on the books that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I review children's books and I agree, reviews are terribly important. I really like your suggestion of putting a link at the back of the book. I hadn't thought of that for my own. I shall be definitely going over to Amazon and doing just. Thanks for a great article :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to always leave a review once I have finished a book; that way others and the writer can know what people think about it and if they might like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reviews are what helps indie authors more than anything. It's human nature that we trust the opinions of others more than anything else. A 5-star review is better than a thousand ads, and it only takes a few minutes

    ReplyDelete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...