Pages

Battle at Camp Wildcat, Normal, Kentucky

Hi there! I'm so glad you're visiting our little town of Normal. Right over there is where the Camp Wildcat happened between the north and the south on the morning of October 21, 1861.
I'm Queenie French the Foundation of Camp Wildcat president. We met at The Laundry Club yesterday. We've been doing the reenactment for years and this year is going to be the best yet.


If you take a gander at the map, you'll see you're standing where the red star is located.
I know the battle was in the fall, but Colonel Theophilous Garrard had started to form his unit in the spring of 1861.
Besides, the weather in Kentucky in the fall is so wonky and unpredictable, I asked the committee to change the reenactment to the spring. Plus, look at this weather. Gorgeous!





Granted, the outcome of the reenactment is the same year after year, but I have to say that the actors I've picked this year will be fantastic and on their mark. It takes a lot of skill to drop dead and lay there for an hour or two until the reenactment is over.
I know of few of my actors are a little. . .um . . .nervous since Greaser Gadie has escaped prison and they were on the jury. I'd be nervous too if I was a juror and he turned to me and say, "I'm taking a minute to remember your face so when I get out of here I'm going to find you and kill you."
But I'm sure he's long gone by now.
Right? I mean, if I escaped from prison, I wouldn't hang around to make good on a silly promise. . .would you???






CAMPFIRE BANANA BOATS
Ingredients
4 small bananas
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
Directions:
1. Leaving skin on, cut the banana down the middle without cutting through the bottom of the skin.
2. Open the banana like a taco and add some chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows.
3. Wrap the stuffed banana in foil.
4. Sit the foiled banana on a grate over the open campfire.
5. Check the banana in five minutes and continue to check until the marshmallows and chocolate chips have melted to desired taste.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm allowed to write for three days", satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...