Over the weekend I had the pleasure of speaking on a couple of panels at The Jeffersonville Crossing Writer's Conference. I was on the mystery panel, since I write mystery, and the "journey to publication" panel that discussed traditional vs self vs small publishing.
Over the past couple years of doing speaking events, most authors that I've come across at conferences always tend to ask the same thing, no matter what panels I'm on. This weekend was no different.
This is GREAT for me! This is exactly how I came up with the idea of my non-fiction craft book, THE TRICKED OUT TOOLBOX~PROMOTION AND MARKETING TOOLS EVERY WRITER NEEDS.
"What is your top three advice tips for social media?" is the number one question I'm asked.
Social media still takes author's breath away. No matter what road of publication you've decided to take, all three of these will work.
1) AMAZON CENTRAL PAGE is a must. This is where you can list everything you can about you (the author) to help reach readers and other authors. Not only does it link all your books to you, you can put in your own bio, all your book trailers, any pictures you want to display, link your blogs, link Twitter feed, Facebook feed, EVERYTHING!
You can even create pages about your characters, setting, your novels in general. This might seem like a lot of work, but it's not. Once you take a few minutes to do it, you don't have to do anything to maintain it unless you need to change something on it.
Every so often I will update my bio or add a new book trailer. Setting up this account should be first on your list.
2) LINK, LINK, LINK! I'm sure you are on Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, and now AMAZON CENTRAL. You can link your blog, Twitter, and Facebook to these sites. This will save you so much time because once you post to your blog, it will automatically go to your feeds and you won't have to go in and manually tell your social media peeps about your blog. The feed will do it for you. This gives you more exposure. All of this just takes a little time and it's FREE!
3) PAY IT FORWARD. Give back! Give a little KARMA. Visit a few author sites, leave a comment, share a couple of someone's Facebook status', or retweet a few of your tweeps.
The only thing these TOP THREE require are time. AND NOT A LOT OF IT! I know you are creeping on Facebook, playing around on Twitter, or even hanging out on the Kindle Boards. You can use that time to create these and you will be actually doing something to help boost your career.
Do you have a top three that you want to share?
- My Website
- About Me
- Cover Cards
- Reviews and Friends
- Street Team
- Ghostly Southern Mystery Series
- Magical Cures Mystery Series
- A Laurel London Mystery Series
- Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery Series
- Bluegrass Romance Series
- Small Town Romance Short Stories
- Grandberry Falls Women's Fiction Romance Series