Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Password CrAzY!!

passwordscloud

Oh my...One of our own Whodunit authors, Laura Bradford, had emailed me telling me that my email had been hacked. Immediately my heart sank. Not because I feared someone was going to send my hacker $5,000 to a secret account to get me out of jail in Tahiti, but the dreaded thought of trying to figure out a password and remembering it!
Every year I change my passwords. I keep them for a year and I have a place where I store them. This year was no different. When 2016 rolled around, I went through the dreaded password change. I'm not talking just blogs, Facebook, etc. . .I'm talking utility companies who I pay bills online, banking, all my blogs, websites, Goodreads, Amazon, Google docs, and many more. It's painful.
So when I got Laura's email, I groaned loudly because it's only FEBRUARY and I just started remembering the new ones without my notes that week! Not only that, but now the password gatekeepers of my email server said I have to have a capital letter, lower case letter, number and symbol. Symbol?? Now that's a new on to me and now I still can't remember my new password.

How often do you change your passwords?

If you haven't had to opportunity to read USA Today Bestselling novel, A CHARMING CRIME, now is your time! It's currently  FREE!
TK Charming Crime USA

No comments:

Post a Comment